The Hotel is in the center of the Red River Entertainment District and Festival Plaza featuring festivals throughout the year. While visiting the Remington, you can also enjoy many of our other local attractions including area Casinos, Shreveport Science and Discovery Center with I-Max Theater, Louisiana Boardwalk with outlet shopping and unique dining experiences. Many of the art galleries in Downtown feature traveling artists and installations, as well as local talent. Take in the scenery of the Red River from the Clyde Fant bike and walking trails all within walking distance from the hotel. Historical Downtown Shreveport is filled with beautiful architecture and history around every corner. Come to Shreveport and discover the beauty of Downtown!
- Twelfth Night Celebration. Official beginning of Mardi Gras. All Kewes present their royalty - 318-741-9264
- Bassmaster Fishing Classic
- Louisiana Redbud Festival. 5k Run, parade, live music, food and craft booths - Laredbud.com
- Cork- A Red River Wine Event. Taste 80 different wines and food from different area restaurants - Corkwinefestival.com
- Holiday in Dixie. Festival Celebrating Sping and the Louisiana Purchase, includes a 10-day carnival, parade through downtown Shreveport, and special events for families - Holidayindixie.com
- Spring Bloom Celebration. Each April the American Rose Center celebrates the blooming season - ars.org
- Artbreak. The largest children’s festival in the state, a weekend of dance, music, theater, food and fun - Shrevearts.org
- Barksdale Air Show. Annual air show at Barksdale Air Force Base - Barksdaleairshow.com
- Cinco de Mayo Festival. Celebrate popular Mexican holiday. Music, food, and 5K run - Louisianalulac.org
- Mudbug Madness Festival. Memorial Day celebration of Louisiana’s Cajun Heritage. Boiled crawfish, music and crafts - Mudbugmadness.com
- Cross Lake Flotilla. Music, fun and poker-run on Cross Lake - Lowemcfarlanepost14.org
- Farmer’s Market. Regional fresh fruits and vegetables, homemade jellies, and more.
- Let The Good Times Roll Festival. Music, art and food celebrating African American culture - Rhoomega.com
- KTBS-3 Independence Day Festival. Fourth of July celebration with fireworks, food and music and fun - Ktbs.com
- Harvest and Heritage Festival. Self-guided tour; homes, museums, churches and cotton fields
- Port City Classic. Famed Grambling State University Tigers take on a competitive team at Independence Stadium - Theportcityclassic.com
- Brew. A premier beer tasting event and concert - Shreveportbrew.com
- Red River Revel Arts Festival. Eight-day festival of the arts. Country’s top artist, craftsman and entertainers - Redriverrevel.com
- State Fair of Louisiana. 17 Thrilling days of family fun and livestock shows - Statefairoflouisiana.com
- Holiday Trail of Lights. Millions of lights, fireworks, and entertainment - Holidaytrailoflights.com
- Highland Jazz and Blues Festivals. Best local and national musicians converge for Shreveport’s party in the park - Highlandjazzandblues.org
- Advocare V100 Independence Bowl. College Football bowl game featuring teams from ACC and Mountain West conferences - Independencebowl.org
- Christmas on Caddo Fireworks Festival. Fireworks festival on Caddo Lake with entertainment, concessions and Santa - Christmasoncaddofireworks.com
- Christmas in Roseland. A Fantasy wonderland of lights, holiday scenes and entertainment - Ars.org
For more information on area events and local attractions, please visit the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau!
For more information on the exciting things happening in Downtown, please visit the Downtown Development Authority!